Hathaway Brown has created a roundup of communication sent to members of the school community regarding the evolving COVID-19 situation, along with links to important resources for your convenience. You can find all of that information here. This page will be consistently updated.
Criteria for Admission:
- Female, fifth graders at a partner school (Aspire partners with all schools in the Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland Heights-University Heights School District, East Cleveland City Schools, Breakthrough Charter Schools and Horizon Schools).
- Have a strong academic record, maintaining a C average or better and are diligent with assignments
- Show responsibility by participating in at least one significant way at school, home, or in a neighborhood organization
- Have a steady advocate (parent, relative, guardian, social worker, teacher)
- Have no significant behavioral issues
- Have at least a 90 percent attendance rate
- May be limited in opportunity due to low family income
- Upon high school graduation, would be a first-generation college student
In addition, the program seeks applicants who:
- Are self-motivated
- Love learning
- Have solid communications skills (writing and speaking)
- Set high goals
- Bring diversity in background, culture, and ethnicity to the program
- Respect others and value community
- Take healthy risks and enjoy new challenges
The application period has closed.
Click “create account.” Once the account is created you can start the application and upload any documents at your leisure. All materials must be received by February 7,2020. To complete the application, you will need:
- Report cards and test scores from fourth and fifth grade
- A parent/guardian statement
- Letters of recommendation from teachers and community members
Eligible applicants are then invited to an in-person interview with the Aspire Admission Committee before being accepted into the Aspire program.