Click here for 2018-2019 grant guidelines and application for faculty and staff
HBPA Awarded Grants
- $2500 to fund the Blazer Buzz Superfan Application
- $3250 to purchase 20 Adirondack chairs and a chalkboard to create an outdoor classroom
- $5000 to cover a portion of the speaking fees for bestselling author Azar Nafisi to visit during the Global Education Benchmark Group annual conference. Ms. Nafisi will also speak to and work with our Upper School students during her visit.
- $2430 to purchase a new lathe for use in the Idea Lab by the Robotics Team
- $1650 to buy a Giant Map of Asia to be used in the Middle School geography curriculum
- $800 to help fund an Upper School World Literature class collaborating with immigrant students from Cleveland’s Newcomers Academy
- $2000 to purchase 24 ergonomic EZ Stools for the Middle School Art Room
- $2170 to by a new electronic keyboard for schoolwide use by the Music Department
- $750 to cover the cost of mentor texts used in the 3rd-grade social studies curriculum
- $350 to source nonfiction Native American texts for the 4th grade
- $900 to buy an indoor 9 Square in the Air apparatus to be used at recess by the Middle School girls during inclement weather
- $470 to help cover the costs of a weeklong in school residency of actors from the Great Lakes Theater to work with the 9th graders as they study Julius Caesar and Ancient Rome.
- $5000 to cover a portion of the cost of all Prime teachers to receive training in Responsive Classroom, a technique used to enhance Social and Emotional Learning curriculum
- $1000 to cover costs associated with a professional development workshop for the Upper and Middle School Performing Arts Departments
- $2,000 to purchase (4) Breathalyzer machines to be used to breathalyze all students and their guests at Upper School Dances.
- $3,000 for playwright visit and 1 1⁄2 day workshops at the Young Writers & Artists Festival held on November 4th & 5th 2016.
- $480 for dictionaries for the third grade
- $800 for ukuleles for EC-12
- $5,782 for Technology Education Series for Middle/Upper School
- $3,000 for visual art display systems for prime
- $1,000 for the mock trial state tournament for upper school
- $2500 for the Robotics Team World Championship trip
- $2842 for an Aquatics Power Tower
- $250 for recorders for the AP Music Theory course
- $283 for new chairs in the Prime library
- $800 for Early Childhood nature-based learning materials