Hathaway Brown All-School Handbook 2017-2018
All good communities are governed by a set of standards and norms. The policies, procedures, and guidelines that shape the Hathaway Brown experience are outlined in the handbook posted here. This document was created and refined by members of the school's Administrative Council and Board of Trustees and represents input from all school constituencies. All HB students, parents, and employees agree to abide by the rules outlined in this handbook. For your convenience, the material is available for pdf download by clicking on the links below.
Because laws change and policies evolve (especially with good communication), the materials in this current handbook replace all other written policies distributed in the past. Hathaway Brown reserves the right to suspend, modify, or amend any policy or procedure at any time. Because we are committed to healthy communication, we will inform you of these updates and changes in a timely manner.
Please Note: The details specified in the "Overarching Rules, Guidelines, Policies, and Procedures" section posted below apply to and are meant to complement the sections pertinent to each respective school division.
- All-School Handbook
(full document, including subsections outlining guidelines for all school divisions) updated 9.18.2017
- Overarching Rules, Guidelines, Policies, and Procedures (applies to all school divisions)
- Upper School Handbook (girls, grades 9-12)
- Middle School Handbook (girls, grades 5-8)
- Primary School Handbook (girls, grades K-4)
- Early Childhood Handbook (co-ed, ages 2 1/2-5)
- Infant & Toddler Center Handbook (co-ed, ages 6 weeks-2 years)