Center for the Creative Arts
This Center offers an array of experiences in the Performing and Visual Arts, culminating in the senior year with the Creative Arts Scholars Showcase.
Whether interested in the Visual or Performing Arts designation, students should begin the process in freshman or sophomore year by meeting with their art or performing arts teachers, or any members of the Visual Arts or Performing Arts department to discuss requirements needed for the designation.
Seniors can graduate as Creative Arts Fellows in the Visual or the Performing Arts by following one of these paths:
- complete a minimum of 1.5 credits in Visual Arts classes
- participate in the Young Writers and Artists Festival for at least two years
- complete at least one advanced visual arts class outside of HB or participate in an internship or residency in visual arts
- enter a minimum of three art competitions or exhibitions
- complete a capstone portfolio, called a "concentration," during the junior and senior years; consists of 12 exploratory works and 12 finished works of a theme or technique
- complete a minimum of 1.5 credits in Performing Arts classes, including an advanced class in the area of concentration (AP Music Theory, Advanced Songwriting, Advanced Technical Theatre, Black Box Ensemble, Bravuras, Contemporary Dance Ensemble, or 3rd/4th year of Orchestra)
- complete a minimum of one performing arts experience (master class, workshop, festival, or competition) outside of HB, or participate in an internship or residency in the performing arts
- participate in at least three extracurricular performances
- complete a capstone project beginning junior year and finalized in senior year