Early Childhood Admission Process
Parents are encouraged to schedule an appointment with the Office of Admission by calling 216.320.8767.
A visit will include:
- A parent meeting with the Director of Admission for Infant & Toddler, Early Childhood and Primary School.
- A campus tour to view the dynamics of classes in session.
Apply for admission by completing the necessary paperwork and returning all application materials to HB's Admission Office.
Please note that Hathaway Brown Early Childhood has one formal decision round with a deadline for submission and completion of all application pieces, visits and screening of February 14, 2018 for the 2018-2019 school year. Completed applications submitted after February 14 will be considered on a rolling basis, provided that space remains available. Once your application is complete, you will receive notification from the Office of Admission. If you applied online, you can also check the status of your application by logging on to your account. Please refer to the Admission Events page for more details.
A complete application will include:
- An online application for admission (along with the $35 application fee)
- Release of Records form (download and give to your child's school -- please submit promptly)
- Caregiver/Teacher Evaluation form: Email your child's teacher/caregiver a link to complete it online (preferred) - or - download a .pdf for the teacher/caregiver to complete and mail to the Office of Admission
- An optional Letter of Recommendation can be submitted by a former teacher, coach, or an adult close to the applicant and submitted to Hathaway Brown’s Office of Admission.
Student visit & screening
We encourage your family to attend one of our Early Childhood Visitation Days. This will give your child a chance to play and explore one of our Early Childhood classrooms with you or a guardian, interact with our Early Childhood teachers and learn more about how we approach early childhood education. These visits are also a great way to get comfortable with our school before screenings. Our Visits Days are held on Fridays from 9:30-10:30 am on November 17, January 12 and February 2. Additional spring dates may be added. Space is limited so families must RSVP by calling 216.320.8767 or email us at email@example.com.
Our scheduled EC Screening morning is Saturday, February 3. The Admission Office will contact those prospective parents that have submitted an Early Childhood application to schedule your February screening time. After the February decision round, please contact our Admission Office to schedule an individual screening. Admission screenings cannot be scheduled until your Application for Admission has been submitted.