Early Childhood Admission Process
Parents are encouraged to schedule an appointment with the Office of Admission by calling 216.320.8767.
A visit will include:
- A parent meeting with the Director of Admission for Early Childhood and Primary School.
- A campus tour.
- A visit in the classroom to view the dynamics of class in session.
Apply for admission by completing the necessary paperwork and returning all application materials to HB's Admission Office.
Please note that Hathaway Brown Early Childhood has one formal decision round with a deadline for submission and completion of all application pieces, visits and screening of February 15, 2017 for the 2017-2018 school year. Completed applications submitted after February 15 will be considered on a rolling basis, provided that space remains available. Once your application is complete, you will receive notification from the Office of Admission. If you applied online, you can also check the status of your application by logging on to your account. Please refer to the Admission Events page for more details.
A complete application will include:
- An online application for admission (along with the $35 application fee)
- Release of Records form (download and give to your child's school -- please submit promptly)
- Caregiver/Teacher Evaluation form: Email your child's teacher/caregiver a link to complete it online (preferred) - or - download a .pdf for the teacher/caregiver to complete and mail to the Office of Admission
- An optional Letter of Recommendation can be submitted by a former teacher, coach, or an adult close to the applicant and submitted to Hathaway Brown’s Office of Admission.
Student visit & screening
- Refer to the Admission Dates section for screening dates and times in February. The Office of Admission will contact prospective parents to schedule February screenings. After the February decision round, please contact our Admission Office to schedule an individual screening. Admission screenings cannot be scheduled until your Application for Admission has been submitted.