Apply to be a Junior Teacher
A position held by high school students, Junior Teachers regularly design and teach daily activity and choice periods, run some morning meetings and plan a few events for the entire student body. The purpose of these activities is to broaden the Aspire students' experience, and help to set an upbeat positive tone in the program. The Junior Teachers also help with the organization of daily activities and behind-the-scenes operations such as: lunch & snack, bulletin boards, photos, contests, and supply organization. Furthermore, JTs observe students in classes, take photos and sometimes assist in workshops. Because of the closeness in age to Aspire students, JTs are particularly powerful role models at Aspire.
Reasons to Become a Junior Teacher
You will have an opportunity to...
- Change the futures of a motivated, bright group of middle school girls who may be limited in opportunity because of low family income or lack of exposure to higher education.
- Be a role model for adolescent girls.
- Help middle school girls identify their strengths and show them how you've been successful in achieving your own goals and aspirations.
- Talk about current topics relevant in the classroom, and in the world of education-at-large.
- Develop leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- Become part of a thoughtful, inspiring team and enjoy new friendships in a group of experienced teachers, college and high school students.