Thank You for a Successful Alumnae Weekend!
Alumnae Weekend 2018 was a blast!
We welcomed back nearly 200 alumnae with family and friends during the two-day celebration and hosted the Four-School Cocktail Party. We are sincerely grateful to all Reunion Volunteers who helped to plan and host class activities, as well as encourage financial of HB support from their classmates. A special thank you to Alumnae Weekend Chair Elizabeth Falco '01 for her leadership and dedication to making the weekend memorable for all.
This year’s Reunion classes raised an incredible $235,000 for the Annual Fund—thank you so very much. We were excited to launch the Sisterhood Reunion Challenge this year, to challenge our Reunion Alumnae to make 100 gifts to the Annual Fund between May 1st – May 17th using a new online platform. Our reunion classes actually exceeded our goal, and raised nearly $40,000 for the Annual Fund through this Challenge!
We gratefully acknowledge the following classes for their exceptional efforts in support of the HB Annual Fund:
• The Class of 1958 raised $63,408 and was awarded the Alumnae Association Past Presidents’ Bowl. This award recognizes the Reunion class giving the most dollars to the Annual Fund.
• The Class of 1993 achieved the highest participation with 54% of the class giving to the Annual Fund, and was awarded the Jane Geckler Seelbach Driver ’39 Champagne Cup.
• The Young Alumnae Participation Platter was shared by the classes of 2003 and 2008, both of which achieved 22%participation.
Also recognized during Alumnae Weekend:
• The Class of 1968, who celebrated their 50th with 28 registrants, won the Attendance Award.
• Annie Morris Tait ’73 traveled the greatest distance, coming from Australia to celebrate Alumnae Weekend.
• Page Talbott ’68 was awarded the 2018 Distinguished Alumna Award.
• Erica Jeffries Purdo ’94 received the Alumna Achievement Award.