Scholarship Granting Organization
The Ohio Tax Credit Scholarship Program allows individual taxpayers and pass-through entities to reduce their tax liability – an easy way to increase the impact of your generosity before the year ends – by making a gift to a designated Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO). Hathaway Brown is part of the Ohio Association of Independent Schools, which has created its own SGO.
Through the program, you are able to provide scholarship support to HB students and receive a dollar-for-dollar tax credit for your gift up to $750 ($1,500 for married couples filing jointly who make separate $750 contributions).
Qualifying contributions must be made directly through the Ohio Association of Independent Schools (OAIS) website. When prompted, select "Hathaway Brown School."
Per Ohio guidelines, contributions given through this program will directly benefit scholarship students, with priority given to low-income students.
- What is a Scholarship Granting Organization?
- What is the benefit of an SGO?
- Does Hathaway Brown have its own SGO?
- May I designate my SGO contribution to a specific HB student?
- Who is responsible for submitting SGO contribution information to the State of Ohio?
- If I contribute to the OAIS SGO, is that contribution considered a gift to Hathaway Brown?
- If I have an existing pledge commitment to Hathaway Brown, can my contribution to the OAIS SGO be counted against that outstanding balance?