Health & Safety Covenant
HB: Honorably Belonging
We have three goals this year: Carry out our mission of educating and empowering our students; Keep our faculty, staff and students safe; and Create a new “normal” for our students as best we can. It is our responsibility as an institution to do our best to safeguard the health and well-being of all the members of our community—students, faculty, staff and administrators, parents, and extended family alike. A successful return to campus will require all members of our community to work together to achieve our common goals as we share the responsibility we have for each other. We belong to each other, and now more than ever, we need to do so honorably by following strict guidelines. Therefore, we are requiring all Hathaway Brown students, families, faculty and staff to commit to the following agreement.
Blazer Health and Safety Covenant
HB’s strong sisterhood is grounded in the trust, value, support, and respect we have for one another. It is with this in mind that we have designated the following specific health and safety principles, expectations, and policies. Please indicate your acknowledgment of each of the following statements below and sign this document. Students and faculty members must commit to this Health and Safety Covenant no later than August 14 in order to begin the school year on time.
- I recognize that I am part of an interdependent community, and that the actions of each member, mine included, can impact the welfare of all.
- I will do my part to help limit the spread of COVID-19 by making my own health and safety and that of other HB community members a priority.
- I will abide by all school policies, rules, and expectations, and will encourage fellow members of the community to do the same.
- The school in its sole discretion can adopt, amend, or change policies it believes will protect the health of the community, and I understand that failure to adhere to these policies, including the proper wearing of masks, may result in removal from campus and/or disciplinary sanctions.
- I will practice a COVID-cautious lifestyle for 14 days prior to on-campus interactions and for the duration of the school year. This includes strict social distancing, consistent mask-wearing, avoiding unnecessary travel, and refraining from social gatherings.
- Every day I come to campus, I will arrive symptom-free.
- I will notify the school of any COVID-19 symptoms I experience or someone in my immediate family experiences.
Health and Hygiene
- I will maintain, whenever possible, a distance of six feet between myself and any person who is not in my immediate family or household at all times.
- I will cover my nose and mouth with a mask in all shared communal spaces, everywhere on and off campus.
- I will screen myself daily for COVID-19 symptoms, including fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
- If I have any symptoms, or am sick, I will stay home and take steps to not spread disease. I will be truthful in reporting my symptoms to the school.
- I will follow and practice community hygiene protocols for handwashing, sanitization, and surface cleaning.
- If I test positive for COVID-19 and am required to isolate, or I learn that I have come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for or has symptoms of COVID-19 and am required to quarantine, I will follow Board of Health instructions and notify the school.
By signing in myHB, I promise to abide by these practices in public and private, whether on campus or off while school is in session, and I understand that I may be removed from campus or subject to disciplinary action if I am found in violation of these standards. Additionally, I acknowledge that during this global pandemic, attending school may pose a risk of infection regardless of measures taken by Hathaway Brown School.
Parent / Guardian Community Expectations: Agreement for Community Health & Shared Responsibility
I/We recognize that allowing my child to participate in campus life is a privilege and it must be earned by adhering to the community’s guidelines for personal health and shared responsibility. Hathaway Brown School in its sole discretion can adopt policies it believes will protect the health of the entire community, and I/We understand that failure to adhere to these policies and adopt these measures, including the proper wearing of masks, may result in removal of my child from campus and/or disciplinary sanctions. Lastly, I/We acknowledge that Hathaway Brown School in its sole discretion can change or amend these practices as circumstances warrant.
By signing in myHB, I/We promise that our child will abide by these practices in public and private, whether on campus or off while school is in session, and I/We agree that our child may be removed from campus or subject to disciplinary action if they are found in violation of these standards. Additionally, I/We acknowledge that during this global pandemic, attending school may pose a risk of infection regardless of measures taken by Hathaway Brown School.