The 2021 application period starts in November.
High-achieving fifth-grade girls from under-resourced schools are invited to apply. Successful completion of the application is followed by an interview with the Aspire Admission Committee. The careful screening process contributes to Aspire’s exceptional attendance and retention rates.
- Female, fifth graders at a partner school. Aspire partners with all schools in the Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Bedford City School District, Cleveland Heights-University Heights School District, East Cleveland City Schools, Breakthrough Charter Schools and Horizon Schools.
- Strong academic record, maintaining a C average or better
- Significant participation at school, home, or with a neighborhood organization
- Strong advocacy from a parent, relative, guardian, social worker, or teacher
- No significant behavioral issues
- 90 percent school attendance rate
- Limited in opportunity due to low family income
- Upon high school graduation, would be a first-generation college student
In addition, Aspire seeks applicants who:
- are self-motivated
- love learning
- have solid writing and verbal skills
- set high goals
- bring diversity in background, culture, and ethnicity to the program
- respect others and value community
- take healthy risks and enjoy new challenges
The following documentation is required to complete the application:
- Report cards and test scores from fourth and fifth grade
- A parent/guardian statement
- Letters of recommendation from teachers and community members
Aspire is rooted in what is most exceptional about Hathaway Brown School. Identifying young women with extraordinary potential, providing deep learning experiences that expand their horizons, and engaging outstanding educators with the resources to succeed reflect the institution's focus on excellence in girls' education.