Young Writers & Artists Festival
The tenth annual Young Writers and Artists Festival offers Cleveland-area high school girls workshops in poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction.
On November 4-5, students have the opportunity to work with renowned writers and artists in a supportive and immersive full-day workshop. Each workshop is led by a talented and accomplished professional writer, offering students the chance to dig into existing interests or try out a new mode of creative expression.
$125 per student. Financial assistance is available.
Participants will receive a writing journal, pen, and lunch from Choolah.
Enrollment in each section is limited to 15 students. Due to demand, attendees may not be placed in their first choice selections.
Thurs., Nov. 4
- 9:37-10:22: Assembly with festival workshop leaders Sarah Kay and Hanif Abdurraqib
- 12:30-1:45 p.m.: Lunch and discussion with workshop leaders
Fri., Nov. 5
- 8:30-4:30 p.m.: Workshops followed by reading/sharing of work
The Young Writers and Artists Festival is made possible by:
- the Grace Wood Bregenzer 1927 Memorial Fund
- Victoria Scaravilli Colligan ’87
- the EE Ford Foundation
- the Horvitz/Rosenthal Family
- the Lily Datta and Alan Peyrat Family Fund
- the Randhir and Simran Sethi Family
- the Hathaway Brown Parent Association
- and designated gifts to the Fund for Hathaway Brown