Spanish Teacher, PreK-Grade 4
Director of the Primary School
Hathaway Brown School has an opening for a full-time PreK-grade 4 Spanish teacher for the 2022-23 academic year.
Hathaway Brown, one of the country’s most distinguished private schools, ranked the #1 girls’ school and #1 college preparatory school in the state of Ohio, seeks a PreK- grade 4 Spanish teacher for the 2022-23 school year.
Hathaway Brown believes that a multicultural perspective is an essential element of a 21st-century education, and values diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff. Compensation and opportunities for professional growth are exceptional.
- Instructing Spanish for grades PreK-4
- Instructing Early Childhood Music & Movement
- Engaging in the life of the Early Childhood and Primary School (presence at assemblies, events, etc.)
- Chaperoning/supervisory duties such as morning drop-off, lunch, playground, and afternoon pick-up
- Participating in division and school-wide, departmental, divisional, and mentor team meetings
Qualifications & Requirements
The Primary School Spanish and Music/Movement teacher will possess the following:
- A degree in Spanish, elementary education or a related field; Bachelor degree minimum. Teaching certification is not required
- Experience teaching at the Early Childhood and Primary School level
- The ability to develop and implement an effective and engaging curriculum; highly competent teacher
- A knowledge of child development and effective classroom practice for the Early Childhood and Primary School school classroom
- The ability to build positive relationships with students and their families
- The ability to draw people in for collaboration and problem solving; a trusted and sought-after colleague
- High-level of familiarity and competence across cultures and multiple perspectives
- Familiarity and competence in technology skills
- Superb communication skills
- Energy and initiative
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential job functions described in the job description. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to apply and/or perform the essential functions.
About Hathaway Brown
Hathaway Brown School has a rich 146-year history of educating and empowering girls. As Ohio’s oldest continually operating college-preparatory for girls, Hathaway Brown has earned a reputation for academic excellence and innovation in the region and around the country. Home of the Learn for Life signature approach, Hathaway Brown has long been devoted to a fusion of cutting-edge curriculum and experiential learning. Our approximately 850 students and 225 faculty and staff come to Hathaway Brown from 89 different communities in Northeast Ohio, and enjoy our stunning 16-acre campus in Shaker Heights, Ohio – just minutes from the cultural attractions of downtown Cleveland.
Salary for this position will be competitive regionally for independent schools.
Interested candidates and referrals should email resume, cover letter and educational philosophy to:
Director of Human Resources, Hathaway Brown School,
19600 North Park Blvd., Shaker Hts., Ohio 44122, Ref. ID #BIOUS0315
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Hathaway Brown School is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning community through our admission policies, hiring practices, professional development, curricular and extracurricular programming, and school culture. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people who are members of other marginalized communities. Click here to be directed to our full DEI Statement.