The Social Media & Content Specialist will join the marketing and communications team in positioning Hathaway Brown as the top choice girls’ school by implementing digital tactics.
- Create, edit, and publish digital content for the school’s prospective and current family, alumnae, and donor audiences
- Maintain a content calendar and manage the school’s social media channels
- Photograph/record and produce live content from division events for use on social media, email campaigns, etc.
- Assist in the creation and editing of graphic, written, video, and photo content
- Coordinate content and develop campaigns for the Admission, Athletics, and Advancement teams
- Assist team members with the ongoing maintenance of HB.edu
- Contribute to writing and editing for school publications, specifically HB magazine
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of digital principles and strategies
- Proficient with Canva, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Proficient with Hootsuite or other social media management tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Google Workspace or similar software
- Experience with InDesign or Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or related field preferred
One to three years of related experience is preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Assist in the development and management of influencer marketing campaigns
- Track the effectiveness of messages and campaigns with analytics and key metric reports
About Hathaway Brown
Hathaway Brown School has a rich 146-year history of educating and empowering girls. As Ohio’s oldest continually operating college-preparatory for girls, Hathaway Brown has earned a reputation for academic excellence and innovation in the region and around the country. Home of the Learn for Life signature approach, Hathaway Brown has long been devoted to a fusion of cutting-edge curriculum and experiential learning. Our approximately 850 students and 225 faculty and staff come to Hathaway Brown from 89 different communities in Northeast Ohio, and enjoy our stunning 16-acre campus in Shaker Heights, Ohio – just minutes from the cultural attractions of downtown Cleveland.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Hathaway Brown School is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning community through our admission policies, hiring practices, professional development, curricular and extracurricular programming, and school culture. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people who are members of other marginalized communities. Click here to be directed to our full DEI Statement.
Interested candidates and referrals should email a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
19600 North Park Boulevard, Shaker Heights, Ohio 44122