Department: Aquatics / Athletic Department
Reports To: Director of Aquatics
Part-time hours available:
- Mornings 6 - 7:30 a.m.
- Evenings 3:15 - 8 p.m.
- Weekend 6 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
This position is responsible for ensuring patron safety while the pool is in operation and preventing and responding quickly in an emergency.
The individual must be at least 16 years of age and hold a valid American Red Cross or YMCA lifeguarding certificate including CPR/AED and First Aid. Proof of certification is required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to swim 500 yards
- Ability to make responsible decisions and act quickly in an emergency
- Recognize and respond effectively to emergencies
- Enforce all aquatics policies, rules, and regulations
- Inspect the facility on a daily schedule and report any unsafe conditions to the supervisor immediately
- Complete records and reports
- Attend monthly in-service trainings
- Exercise regularly to maintain fitness level, strength, and endurance
- Complete additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Candidates must be mature, make quick appropriate decisions, and be rescue ready at all times.
Education and/or Experience
Lifeguarding experience preferred.
Must be able to communicate in a friendly and diplomatic manner at all times with the members of the diverse HB community. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills to relate to a wide diversity of students, faculty, staff, and school community members.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Hathaway Brown School is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning community through our admission policies, hiring practices, professional development, curricular and extracurricular programming, and school culture. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people who are members of other marginalized communities. Click here to be directed
to our full DEI Statement.
Internal candidates: Please submit a resume and/or letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hathaway Brown School
19600 North Park Boulevard
Shaker Heights, OH 44122