Job Title: Associate Director of Upper School Admission
Reports to: Director of Enrollment Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hathaway Brown School is seeking an Associate Director of Upper School Admission to manage and be responsible for all aspects of the Upper School admission process. The ideal candidate will have admission experience, outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills, and the energy to participate in a fast-paced office. The Associate Director will report to the Director of Enrollment Management and be part of a six member team.
Responsibilities will include: management of upper school applicants, oversight of the upper school admission committee, application evaluation, communication with prospective families, outreach activities, and assisting in the coordination of events including testing and parent previews.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the Upper School applicants and oversee the Upper School admission committee, application evaluation and communications with prospective families and outreach activities.
- Conduct interviews with candidates and their parents; secure the necessary student credentials; and communicate final decisions to the appropriate individuals.
- Support new students with the transition into the school through placement testing, course selection, and various orientations.
- Be involved in the marketing of the institution and serve as a liaison to the Upper School. Applicants must be willing to be involved in all aspects of Upper School life including mentoring and supervising students.
- Coordinate and participate in a number of outreach, admission, and school events.
- Manage a student ambassador program led by senior council and Upper School student members.
- Assist with the allocation of flexible tuition and merit aid.
- Manage the re-enrollment of current students for the succeeding year.
- Maintain relevant statistics on all aspects of the admission and re-enrollment processes.
- Serve as a responsible member of committees for Hathaway Brown School and represent Hathaway Brown on committees for Admission (CCIS Admissions Committee).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be a self-starter and work well independently
- Have strong communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to talk with all levels of individuals, i.e., faculty, students, families
- Ability to multi-task with strong project management skills
- Be a positive influence and have the ability to motivate
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Education and Experience
Master's degree (preferred) in a related field that supports the duties and responsibilities of this position; or four to ten years related experience and/or training. Bachelor’s degree required.
About Hathaway Brown
Hathaway Brown School has a rich 146-year history of educating and empowering girls. As Ohio’s oldest continually operating college-preparatory for girls, Hathaway Brown has earned a reputation for academic excellence and innovation in the region and around the country. Home of the Learn for Life signature approach, Hathaway Brown has long been devoted to a fusion of cutting-edge curriculum and experiential learning. Our approximately 850 students and 225 faculty and staff come to Hathaway Brown from 89 different communities in Northeast Ohio, and enjoy our stunning 16-acre campus in Shaker Heights, Ohio – just minutes from the cultural attractions of downtown Cleveland.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Hathaway Brown School is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning community through our admission policies, hiring practices, professional development, curricular and extracurricular programming, and school culture. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people who are members of other marginalized communities. Click here to be directed to our full DEI Statement.
Interested candidates and referrals should email a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources, Position ID #MP41113
Hathaway Brown School, 19600 North Park Boulevard, Shaker Heights, Ohio 44122