Job Title: Varsity Head Girls Basketball Coach
Reports to: Athletic Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
For 146+ years, Hathaway Brown has been a leader in girls’ education, and one of the country’s foremost institutions for the advancement of women. Located in Shaker Heights, Ohio, Hathaway Brown School is looking for a qualified candidate with previous coaching experience at the high school level, or coaching experience at the collegiate level preferred to fill the Head Varsity Girls Basketball coaching position. The successful candidate will need to be available for after school practices, Monday through Friday and games on weekends.
The head coach is responsible for the overall development and advancement of a competitive athletic program while demonstrating high moral and ethical standards, positive sportsmanship and administration of an inspirational and successful women’s program in alignment with the mission of the school. The coach must focus not only on excellence on the field, but recognize and emphasize academic excellence in the classroom.
About Hathaway Brown
Since 1876, Hathaway Brown has been a leader in girls’ education, and one of the country’s foremost institutions for the advancement of women.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Knowledge of skills and strategies of the game
- Must be able to motivate and inspire high school players
- Previous coaching experience – a noted track record of success
- Demonstrate a positive attitude at all times and possess the skills needed to coach young women
- Able to display a commitment to the players and program as noted in the school’s mission statement
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to complete the OHSAA coaching certifications
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning and leadership skills required. Must be able to serve as a positive role model for young adults.
- Must complete the required Stewards of Children on-line training
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Requirements: Successful candidate should hold or be willing to obtain the following certifications: Fundamentals of Coaching, CPR, First Aid training, Concussion in Sports, Lindsay’s Law (Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training), and Pupil Activity Permit.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and names of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Hathaway Brown School is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning community through our admission policies, hiring practices, professional development, curricular and extracurricular programming, and school culture. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people who are members of other marginalized communities. Click here to be directed to our full DEI Statement.