Job Title: Athletic Trainer
Department: Athletic Department
Reports to: Director of Athletics and Physical Education/Assistant Athletic Director(s)
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Athletic Trainer at Hathaway Brown School is a 12-month salaried position and an integral part of the Athletic Department. The Athletic Trainer is responsible for injury assessment/treatments/rehabilitations for student-athletes while operating under a team physician.
About Hathaway Brown
Since 1876, Hathaway Brown has been a leader in girls’ education, and one of the country’s foremost institutions for the advancement of women.
Qualifications & Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
● Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
● Experience in an educational institution preferred
● Active OPTTAT Athletic Training License in good standing
● Intermediate to advanced experience in Google Office suite
● American Red Cross CPR/AED Instructor preferred or willing to train within 90 days of hire
● Experience with Magnus Health preferred or willingness to train
● Strong oral and written communication skills.
● Ability to communicate with all constituencies of Hathaway Brown School’s diverse community in a consistently diplomatic and professional manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and names of three professional references to email@example.com.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Hathaway Brown School is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning community through our admission policies, hiring practices, professional development, curricular and extracurricular programming, and school culture. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people who are members of other marginalized communities. Click here to be directed to our full DEI Statement.