Young Writers & Artists Festival
The twelfth annual Young Writers and Artists Festival offers workshops in poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, songwriting, ceramics, photography, drawing, painting, and fiber arts.
On November 4, students have the opportunity to work with writers and artists in a supportive and immersive full-day workshop. Each workshop is led by a talented and accomplished professional writer or artist — offering students the chance to dig into existing interests or try out a new mode of creative expression.
$125 per student. Financial assistance is available.
Fee includes instruction, materials, light breakfast, lunch, and sticker sheet.
Enrollment in each section is limited to 15 students or less.
Fri., November 3
- 8 a.m. breakfast
- 8:30 - 12:15 p.m. morning workshops with snack break
- 12:30 - 1:15 p.m.: lunch
- 1:15 - 3:15 p.m. afternoon workshops followed by reading/sharing work
The Young Writers and Artists Festival is made possible by:
- Irad and Rebecca Carmi
- the Grace Wood Bregenzer 1927 Memorial Fund
- Jon and Jane Quayle Outcalt ’55
- Victoria Scaravilli Colligan ’87
- the EE Ford Foundation
- the Horvitz/Rosenthal Family
- Rob and Karen Neuger Nathan ’85
- the Lily Datta and Alan Peyrat Family Fund
- the Randhir and Simran Sethi Family
- the Hathaway Brown Parent Association
- and designated gifts to the Fund for Hathaway Brown