Discovering Global Cleveland
Travel around the Cleveland metro area to discover the many sites, tastes, and experiences that make Cleveland such a global city.
Grades: Co-ed grades 6-8
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Dates: June 6-10
- Field Trip to the West Side Market!
- Enjoy Lunch from the variety of the Market’s cultures!
- Students will learn about Cleveland’s mosaic of ethnic backgrounds and communities.
- Ciao! Italian themed Cooking Lesson back at Camp.
- Setting up our Blog.
- Field Trip to Asian Market!
- Explore and shop at Asian Plaza. Dine on dim sum at Li Wah Restaurant.
- Students will come back to Camp for Origami and Fish Painting.
- Students will view belly dancing.
- Students will learn how to Irish Dance.
- Field Trip to Federal Reserve Bank’s Money Museum.
- Campers will learn about international money as well as our US Banking System. Campers will gain a new perspective on the Global Economy.
- Lunch catered by Cleveland’s Gourmet Food Trucks.
- Back at Camp-Making and Baking Strudel and Spaetzles.
- Squash or soccer anyone? Learn how these sports are played around the world.
- Field Trip: Tour of Hebrew, Irish, Hungarian, Chinese Cultural Gardens.
- Visit Cleveland Museum of Art-African and Native American Art.
- Indian Cuisine at Choolaah!
- Stop at David Berger Memorial to learn about the Olympics.
- Swim in HB’s own Pool for Splash Party.
- Bring your suit today!
- Amish Country Tour-Visit Smucker’s and Lehman’s.
- Eat in Mrs. Yoder’s Kitchen.
- Try a fried pie made by the Amish.
- Tour of Yoder’s Amish Home and a Buggy Ride. (Possibility)
- Shop in Country Stores.
EACH DAY campers will be immersed into a variety of cultures. In addition, these travelers will learn how the cultures have influenced Cleveland’s heritage.
By the end of the week, the PASSPORTS of the Campers will be filled with many Stamps.
*While individual parts of this itinerary are subject to change, similar offerings would replace any changes that are made.
For more information, please contact Jason Habig at 216.320.8796 ext. 7173 or firstname.lastname@example.org.