Saturday, May 13, 2017
The Ahuja Auditorium * Hathaway Brown School
19600 North Park Blvd. * Shaker Heights
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Hathaway Brown is pleased to partner with St. Edward High School to bring you the iMagine Film Festival! Put your imaginations to work and start creating your short films for the student coordinated and managed iMagine Film Festival! Films must be no longer than 15 minutes in length.
Submissions will be accepted February 1 through April 14. All finalists will receive constructive feedback from area industry professionals, and winners will receive cool film-related prizes.
* Please note: All high school students are welcome to submit films for consideration. Please share this information with any interested Northeast Ohioans who are currently enrolled in grades 9 through 12.
The May 13 festival, which will include screenings of the student films, is free and open to the public. You do not need to be a high school student to attend. Members of the media also are welcome.
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The iMagine Film Festival was created in 2012 to provide Northeast Ohio high school filmmakers with a venue to show their original films and receive constructive feedback from local industry professionals. It is coordinated and managed solely by high school students. For 2017, we are excited to partner with St. Edward High School in presenting this one-of-a-kind event.
The festival will take place Saturday, May 13, 2017 from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. at Hathaway Brown School in Shaker Heights. Submissions will be accepted February 1 through March 31. Finalists will be announced on the iMagine Film Festival website in mid April.
The iMagine Film Festival was created by Maddie Stambler, a member of the HB Class of 2013. As an aspiring filmmaker, she found few opportunities in the area for high school students to share their films, and decided to do something about it. Through The Edna Dawley Strnad Fellowships in Creativity at Hathaway Brown, Maddie created the festival with the intention of doing more than simply awarding prizes to the winners. At the iMagine Film Festival participants not only earn awards in a variety of categories, but also receive constructive feedback from a professional panel of judges.
All submissions submitted by the April 14 deadline will be reviewed in an initial judging round. All participants of the festival will receive constructive feedback on their submissions. A select number of films will move onto a secondary judging round. These Finalist films will be announced on the iMagine Film Festival website in mid April.
First, second and third place films will be named in each category, and be announced at the festival on May 13. All finalists are required to attend the festival, where their films will be shown.
- All films must be created by students in grades 9 through 12 in the Northeast, OH area.
- Films are to be no longer than 15 minutes and no shorter than 10 seconds.
- Submitted films must be original works and are required to have clearances for music or other copyrighted material featured in the project. Films containing copyrighted material used without permission will not be eligible for screening at the festival.
- Films will be accepted in four different categories. Comedy, Drama, Documentary, Miscellaneous (stop motion, music video, etc.).
- Films submitted to the festival will be previewed and scored by the judges prior to the event.
- Films will be judged on originality, cinematic storytelling and technical execution.
- By submitting your original film to the iMagine Film Festival you are granting Hathaway Brown School permission to use your film or parts thereof for promotional purposes.
- All finalists are expected to attend the festival. All participants are welcome and encouraged to attend the the film showings, awards and reception.
When you register, if your film is complete please upload it to YouTube or Vimeo and copy and paste the link into the space on the registration page.
If your film is NOT complete yet, register anyway, but email the YouTube or Vimeo link to email@example.com when you have finished it. Then, send the film’s file to the same email address.
Submissions and Registration: February 1 - April 14
Finalists Announced: mid April
Festival Date: May 13
For any questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hathaway Brown’s Address for the day of the festival:
Hathaway Brown School
19600 North Park Boulevard
Shaker Heights, Ohio 44122