Saturday, April 25, 2015
Hathaway Brown School * 19600 North Park Blvd. * Shaker Heights
Put your imaginations to work and start creating your short films. Films must be no longer than 15 minutes in length.
Submissions will be accepted until March 31. All participants will receive constructive feedback from area industry professionals, and winners will receive cool film-related prizes.
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Please note: All high school students are welcome to submit films for consideration. Please share this information with any interested Northeast Ohioans who are currently enrolled in grades 9 through 12.
The April 25th festival, which will include screenings of the student films, is free and open to the public. You do not need to be a high school student to attend. Members of the media also are welcome.
The iMagine Film Festival was created in 2012 to provide Northeast Ohio high school filmmakers a venue to show their original films and receive constructive feedback from local industry professionals.
The festival will take place Saturday, April 25, 2015 from 1 to 4 p.m. at Hathaway Brown School in Shaker Heights. Submissions will be accepted now through Tuesday, March 31, 2015. Finalists will be announced on the iMagine Film Festival website on Monday, April 27, 2015.
The iMagine Film Festival was created by Maddie Stambler, a member of the HB Class of 2013. As an aspiring filmmaker, she found few opportunities in the area for high school students to share their films, and decided to do something about it.Through Hathaway The Edna Dawley Strnad Fellowships in Creativity. She created the festival with the intention of doing more than simply award prizes to the winners. At the iMagine Film Festival participants are not only acknowledged for their efforts, but also given personal feedback from a professional panel of judges.
All submissions submitted by the March 31 deadline will be reviewed in an initial judging round. All participants of the festival will receive constructive feedback on their submissions. A select number of films will move onto a secondary judging round. These Finalist films will be announced on the iMagine Film Festival website on April 13.
First, second and third place films will be named in each category, and be announced at the festival on April 25. All finalists are required to attend the festival, where their films will be shown.
- All films must be created by students in grades 9 through 12 in the Northeast, OH area.
- Films are to be no longer than 15 minutes and no shorter than 10 seconds.
- Submitted films must be original works and are required to have clearances for music or other copyrighted material featured in the project. Films containing copyrighted material used without permission will not be eligible for screening at the festival.
- Films will be accepted in four different categories. Comedy, Drama, Documentary, Miscellaneous (stop motion, music video, etc.).
- Films submitted to the festival will be previewed and scored by the judges prior to the event.
- Films will be judged on originality, cinematic storytelling and technical execution.
- By submitting your original film to the iMagine Film Festival you are granting Hathaway Brown School permission to use your film or parts thereof for promotional purposes.
- All finalists are expected to attend the festival. All participants are welcome and encouraged to attend the the film showings, awards and reception.
When you register, if your film is complete please upload it to YouTube or Vimeo and copy and paste the link into the space on the registration page.
If your film is NOT complete yet, register anyway, but email the YouTube or Vimeo link to email@example.com when you have finished it. Then, send the film’s file to the same email address.
Winners of the 2014 Festival:
Best Film: Maria Alvarez, The Waiting Game, Beachwood High School
- Maria Alvarez, The Waiting Game, Beachwood High School
- Maria Alvarez, Carrie's Wish, Beachwood High School
- Adam Jones, Adam Williams, Steele Wasik, Jose Miquel Poblete, This Is Not About Poker, St. Edward High School
Honorable Mention: Eric McGuinn, Mad World, Vermilion High School
- Davis Klimek, The Hammer, University School
- Eric McGuinn, Orange Juice, Vermilion High School
- Sam Royer, Text Me, St. Ignatius
Honorable Mention: Andrew Flando, Billy Hippler, Jake Russo Schmitty, St. Edward HIgh School
- Maria Alvarez, Who Are You?, Beachwood High School
- Jaron Nester-Blackman, Ashley Klump, Missing Pieces, Vermilion High School
- Meghan Bremmer, Laura Chiracu, Paige Somerville, Maeve Kroger, Druagmus, St, Joseph Academy
Submissions and Registration: Tuesday, February 3 - Tuesday March 31
Finalists Announced: Monday, April 13
Festival Date: Saturday, April 25