Alerts and Calendar Exports
To receive HB news alerts to your cell phone* or email account:
- In the Parent Portal, click on "My subscriptions" under the "My Account" box.
- For email alerts, skip to step #6; for text alerts, click on the "Add Text Enabled Phone" button.
- Enter your phone number and indicate your mobile carrier.
- Click "Verify." Keep your screen open and wait a moment for an activation code to be sent to your phone.
- Enter the verification code into the appropriate box.
- To subscribe to the actual alerts, click the red "Settings" link next to "News Alerts."
- Select all the categories that apply by checking the appropriate boxes. Note: The check boxes will determine which alerts you receive in email form and which in SMS text form. You also may select to have both types of alerts.
- When you're finished making your selections, click the "Update Settings" button at the bottom of the screen.
* Text charges may apply. Consult your mobile plan.
School Calendar Alerts and Exports
You can sign up from the specific calendar — such as the main school calendar — or from the Parent Portal. Either way, you will need your portal login: if you don't remember it, click here to have it emailed to you. From a calendar, skip ahead to either Alerts or Exports. From the portal, go through the remaining steps.
Go to the applicable HB Division tab (Middle, Upper, etc.)
Find the calendar you wish to subscribe to (MS Calendar, US Calendar, Test & Paper Calendar, Athletics Calendar). For athletics team calendars, you can also go straight to the team page - see below.
Click on “View More” at the very bottom right of the element/box.
ALERTS - Receive notification of calendar activities
EXPORTS - Export calendar activities to your calendar such as iCal, Outlook, Google, etc.
- On the calendar page that opens, click on the ALERTS button .
- In the pop-up window, click on the calendar you wish to subscribe to, clicking on the red + sign to the left of the title to get more specific grades/options:
- Specific email or phone. If your phone has not been added as an available phone, click on "Add Text Enabled Phone." Enter your phone number and indicate your mobile carrier. Click "Verify." Wait a moment for an activation code to be sent to your phone. Enter the verification code into the appropriate box on the web.
- Change the notification setting if desired from the default of 18 hours to as small a time as 30 minutes before the event.
- Click on the Update Settings button in the bottom right of the window.
Click on the icon with a calendar and arrow (circled in red below).
iCal: Click on the green ICAL button next to the appropriate calendar, and follow instructions for appropriate calendar.
RSS: Click on the orange XML button next to the appropriate calendar, select the desired delivery method, and follow the specific instructions.