Hathaway Brown School Transportation
HB is proud to offer safe and reliable transportation to and/or from school for those students who need it.
Service is provided on a school bus or van by qualified drivers.
Service Outline | Transportation Options | Public School Busing | SREP/Robotics
University School Shuttle | Pricing Schedule | Registration | FAQ | Contact Us
- Seating is available to those students who need to ride to and from school on a daily basis and who are not eligible to ride public school transportation.
- Students who can ride public school transportation but choose not to will be seated as space allows.
- Students who wish to ride less than daily to and from school will be scheduled if seating is available.
- We provide door-to-door service when it is possible, but in some areas, we make only centralized stops.
- We can only promise to pick up and drop off children at one address.
- We will consider picking up at one address and dropping off at another address if it is needed on a regular basis.
- Upper School and Middle School classes begin at 8 a.m. We schedule our morning routes to arrive at school between 7:40 and 7:45 a.m. If your child is enrolled in the Early Childhood program or the Primary School, supervised activities will be available at that time until school begins.
- Because we provide service for Prime, Middle, and Upper School students, we must carry all riders together. We can only provide service as usual during Upper School exams.
- If you have special circumstances and need to make arrangements outside of those outlined above, please contact Transportation Director Bob Armstrong at email@example.com or 216.320.8081.
back to top
Public schools are required in many cases to provide transportation to independent schools for students who reside in the local school district. Contact your local school district to obtain specific information about how your child can ride public school transportation at no cost to you.
If the public school cannot provide the transportation that you need and is within a half hour travel time from Hathaway Brown School, you may be entitled to "payment in lieu of transportation" from the public school.
Don't forget the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority. Many students take advantage of the convenience of RTA services and take a bus or Rapid to school.
Click here for telephone listings for the local school districts listed below.
back to top
Public School Busing
Current public school transportation to Hathaway Brown School is available as follows:
The following public school districts provide busing to Hathaway Brown School. The service that they offer is subject to change, and due to the current economy, several public schools may change the services that they offer. Please check with your public school district to confirm what service is available to you.
- Beachwood (K-12)
- Chagrin Falls (K-12)
- Cleveland Heights/University Heights
(K-5 if more than one mile from school;
6-8 if more than two miles from school)
- Mayfield Heights (K-12)
- Orange (K-12)
- Shaker Heights (K-8)
The following public school districts do NOT provide busing to Hathaway Brown School.
- Bay Village
- East Cleveland
- Fairview Park
- Garfield Heights
- Maple Heights
- Richmond Heights
- Rocky River
- South Euclid/Lyndhurst
- Warrensville Heights
Click here for telephone listings for the school districts listed above.
back to top