Middle School Admission Process
To learn more about the difference Hathaway Brown School can make for your daughter, please call 216.320.8767 to request more information or to schedule a visit and tour of the School.
Make an appointment to visit Hathaway Brown School.
Applicant visits and parent meetings are scheduled Tuesday through Friday beginning in October. Parents are invited to schedule either a half-day (8:30 AM-12:30 PM) or full-day (8:30 AM-2:30 PM) visit for their daughter. Parent meetings, which include a tour of the School, generally last 60-90 minutes. Available meeting times include 8:30 AM, 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM. Parent meetings may be scheduled to coincide with your daughter's visit or on a separate day, if more convenient for your family. Parents are also invited to attend the Middle School Parent Preview offered on various dates throughout the fall in lieu of or in addition to an individual parent meeting. Please call 216.320.8767 for an appointment and for more information. Please refer to the Admission Events page to view the Parent Preview schedule and for other important admission dates.
What to expect on the day of your Middle School visit.
Register for one Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE).
- Please visit the ISEE website and complete the registration process electronically.
- Registration information, testing dates and locations are listed under the Cleveland Consortium.
- If you are not registering online, please request a registration form from our office and mail by the stated deadline. Note: Walk-in registrations are accepted by the Cleveland Consortium test sites provided you call the test site directly.
- Complete the online application for admission (along with the $35 application fee)
- Print the Parent Authorization for Release of Records. Please sign this form and take it to your daughter's current school. This will allow them to forward her complete records directly to HB's Office of Admission.
- Ask your Math and English/Language Arts teachers to complete teacher evaluations for you. There are two ways to ask your teachers to complete the evaluations:
(1) Email your teachers a request to complete the evaluations online (preferred) or
(2) Download a .pdf of the Math Evaluation and a .pdf of the English/Language Arts Evaluation to give to your teachers to complete and mail to the Office of Admission.
Application deadline: Friday, December 8, 2017. Note: You may take the ISEE Test December 9 as it will be accepted for our December 8 application deadline.
All applications received after the application deadline will be considered on a rolling basis, providing that space and funding remain available. Once your application is complete, you will receive notification from the Office of Admission. You can also check the status of your application by logging on to your account. Please refer to the Admission Events page for more details.
|Click here to watch the HB web videos!|