Primary School Admission Process
Make an appointment to visit Hathaway Brown School for your Parent Meeting and Tour.
- A meeting with the Director of Admission for Infant & Toddler, Early Childhood and Primary School
- A campus tour to visit classrooms and view the dynamics of class in session
Parent meetings are typically scheduled Tuesday through Friday beginning October 2, 2017 for families interested in the 2018-2019 school year. Parent meetings generally last 60-90 minutes. Available meeting times are usually at 8:45 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Please call 216.320.8767 to schedule your meeting and for more information.
We also encourage parents to attend our Primary Visitation Day or Open House either before or after your parent meeting. Attending a Primary Visitation Day can count for your Parent Visit.
Primary Visitation Day: Thursday, November 16 at 8:30am
- The opportunity to hear directly from the Primary School Director and Primary School teachers
- Ask questions about our financial aid process
- Observe classes
- Hear from current Primary School students and parents
- Visit classrooms at your own pace with your daughter
- Meet current teachers, parents, and HB students
- Take a group tour of the entire campus.
These events are specifically designed for prospective Primary parents to learn more about Hathaway Brown. Please refer to the Admission Events to see additional events along with important admission dates. To RSVP to an event, please call our office at 216.320.8767.
Complete the online application, teacher evaluation, and release of records paperwork and return it to the Office of Admission or directly to your daughter's school.
- Current teacher evaluation
Email the teacher a request to complete the evaluation online for girls applying to Kindergarten
Email the teacher a request to complete the evaluation online for girls applying to Grades 1-4
---- or ----
Download a .pdf: Kindergarten applicants | Grades 1-4 applicants
- School Report including official transcript - Download Release of Records form (pdf)
Print and sign the Release of Records form and give it to your daughter's current school. This will allow them to forward her complete records directly to our Office of Admission.
- An optional Letter of Recommendation can be submitted by a former teacher, coach, or an adult close to the applicant and submitted to Hathaway Brown’s Office of Admission.
Please submit the forms to your child's school promptly.
Parents with applicant to grades 1-4 must call our Admission Office to arrange your daughter's visit and screening. Your parent meeting must have happened prior to the student visit. Student visits for the 2018-2019 school year begin November 1, 2017.
Admission visits may include a tour of the campus or a visit in their current classroom for a half or full day. Admission screenings include a one-on-one meeting to evaluate your daughter's academic ability in reading, writing and math. Our Admission office will also meet with your daughter to get to know her interests in and outside of school.
Your daughter's screening may take place during her visit or she may be asked to screen on a day separate from her visit.
See our Kindergarten Admission page for Kindergarten screening and visit options.
Application pieces and testing must be completed by the dates below to be considered an applicant in that round.
- Application deadline for Early Decision Round *Fourth Grade Applicants*: Friday, December 8, 2017
- Application deadline for Regular Decision Round *Kindergarten through Fourth Grade Applicants*: Wednesday, February 14, 2018
All applications received after the Regular Decision Round deadline will be considered on a rolling basis, providing that space and funding remain available. Once your application is complete, you will receive notification from the Office of Admission. If you applied online, you can also check the status of your application by logging on to your account. Please refer to the Admission Events page for more details.
|Click here to watch the HB web videos!|