Primary School Civic Engagement
Core Principles I Outreach in Cleveland I Global Outreach
Civic Engagement in the Primary School embraces these core principles:
- Education about community needs near and far.
- Student empowerment and leadership: each one of us can make a difference.
- Development of empathy and character-building.
Outreach in Cleveland:
- Through Birthday Books, Primary School girls share their love of reading by donating one book to the HB library and one to a local partner school.
- Students brighten the days of families staying at Ronald McDonald House by making placemats, table centerpieces, and other decorations in honor of Thanksgiving.
- Toy drives on behalf of Salvation Army and New Hope Community Center benefit children in need.
- Students write letters to American troops stationed abroad via Jacob's Light Foundation.
- Fundraisers in support of Operation Hope contribute to the betterment of children's health around the world.