Fast Facts & Program Data
Committed students from our target population
- Aspire is partnered with 28 public elementary schools in the Cleveland area.
- Since our start in 2002, Aspire has served more than 400 students from over thirty-nine schools limited in resources in the Cleveland Metropolitan School District, East Cleveland City Schools, Cleveland Heights-University Heights and successful charter school organizations such as the Breakthrough Schools and Concept Schools.
- Aspire has maintained a 91% retention rate.
- Ninety-nine middle school girls participated in the 2013 Aspire summer session
- 83% qualified for free or reduced lunch and 70% came from homes where no parent had completed college.
- 65 of the 99 students had perfect attendance in 2013; 8 of the 30 graduates had perfect attendance all 3 years.
- 94% of parents said they have seen their daughter grow and change at Aspire
- 100% of parents said they have seen their daughter increase her excitement about learning throughout her time at Aspire.
- 57% of the first Aspire class has completed a 2-year or 4-year college degree compared to only 28% of CMSD graduates.
- 84% of the classes of 2005-2008 are enrolled in college.
- Aspire alumnae are attending 34 public high schools in the region, 14 independent and catholic high schools, and three elite boarding schools.
- Since the launching of our web site in late fall of 2002, over 180 college students have downloaded an Aspire job application each year. There are only 12 openings.
- Aspire hired twenty-eight teachers, 9 high school, 12 college and 7 professional educators, for the 2013 summer session.
- Students from several of the nation's leading colleges and universities, including Brown, Columbia, Denison, Harvard, Northwestern, Princeton, Smith, Spelman, Wesleyan, and Yale have chosen to teach at Aspire.
- 100% of faculty agreed that Aspire offers new teachers an effective introduction to teaching, and that faculty learn components of high quality education at Aspire.
- 77% of the faculty stated working at Aspire solidified their interest in pursuing a career in education
- As a founding member of the National Partnership for Educational Access (NPEA), launched in November, 2007 we can share best practices with a wider group of colleagues.
- On August 1, 2008 Aspire was featured on the front page of the Metro section of Cleveland's Plain Dealer for the third time in seven years.
- Aspire was one of three finalists for Northern Ohio Live's Awards of Achievement in the area of civic leadership. Aspire was also featured in the August 2006 issue of Northern Ohio Live in the Noble Pursuits section.
- The directors of Aspire were recognized by The Gund Foundation as emerging leaders of Cleveland. Cammy Dubie was one of 14 leaders who met with Gund board members in July of 2007.
- The Aspire Program's current pledged endowment is $1.81 million.