FIRST LEGO League
The 2011 Regional Tournament at Hathaway Brown School on December 3 was a great success! Twenty-three teams competed and displayed Gracious Professionalism all day long. Thank you to all who took part.
Click the box below to view a special video presentation created by HB Upper Schoolers to capture some of the excitement.
2011 marks the fourth year Hathaway Brown has been part of the FIRST LEGO program. With faculty coaches assisted by parent and Upper School student mentors, 26 Primary and Middle School students are taking part in the learning and fun this year.
The partnership between FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) and The LEGO Group has created a powerful program that helps young people discover the fun in science and technology while building self-confidence, knowledge and life skills.
Click here for information about the FIRST LEGO League Regional Tournament held on the campus of HB Saturday, December 3, 2011.
FIRST LEGO League:
- Inspires children ages 9-14 to participate in science and technology
- Engages kids in playful and meaningful learning
- Provides a fun, creative, hands-on learning experience
- Encourages children to think like scientists and engineers
- Challenges kids to solve real-world problems using robotics
- Connects teams in online community
- Teaches children to experiment and overcome obstacles
- Builds self-esteem and confidence
- Learn teamwork skills
- Build self-confidence, knowledge and life skills
- Research challenges facing today's scientists
- Design, build and program autonomous robots
- Use LEGO MINDSTORMS technologies
- Compete in tournaments and present their solutions to a panel of judges
What FLL offers:
- Discover of the fun in science and technology
- Real-world application of science and math concepts
- Hands-on problem solving
- Programming experience
- Research presentation projects
- Adult role models
- Teamwork skills
- Self-esteem and confidence