Message from the Director
2014 marks 12 years since the first cohort of Aspire girls donned their blue t-shirts, climbed onto the yellow school buses and became our pioneer class. Since 2002, more than 420 girls have been transformed by their time at Aspire. At the same time, more than 190 high school and college students have experienced what it’s like to be part of the noble profession of teaching. Exploring, discovering and learning together, each cohort has helped to shape the trajectory of academic classes, workshops and teacher training at Aspire. It has been an exciting – and successful – decade:
- 96% of Aspire alumnae reported that participating in Aspire made them better leaders
- 71% of the second Aspire cohort are currently enrolled in college or have completed an associate’s or bachelor’s degree.
- 57% of Aspire’s first cohort completed an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in 2013.
- 83% of students have become more excited about learning because of Aspire
- 63% of former faculty currently serve as teachers, administrators and leaders in K-12 schools, colleges and universities across the country.
- 95% of former faculty now call themselves strong advocates for education
- 62% of former Apprentice Teachers have chosen to pursue teaching professionally
- 100% of faculty agreed that Aspire offers new teachers an effective introduction to teaching, and that faculty learn components of high-quality education at Aspire.
- 100% of parents said they have seen their daughter increase her excitement about learning throughout her time at Aspire.
|Take a moment to view Aspire’s video, created to share our story, celebrate our successes and encourage others to invest in Aspire. Please share this video with your friends, colleagues and family.|
I look forward to working with you to ensure that Aspire endures for future generations of high-achieving low-income girls in the Cleveland area.
They – along with scores of aspiring young educators – are counting on us.
Camille J.L. Seals, Director